Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Inspirational beauty

It's the weekend. FINALLY! I've been obsessing and stressing over so many things. With the weekend here, I can finally unwind, contemplate, and plan anew. I found some of the most inspirational quotes and wanted to write them here, for some perspective. So here I go!

1. The best advice that I love is of course from my mom. Moms are never ever wrong. She tells me to spend a few minutes smiling in the mirror each morning. Now that absolutely sounds crackpot insane right? Not really. I love putting my best face forward, starting each day positive and happy, and making the prospect of a new blank day absolutely exciting.

2.
Smiling: It’s the best face-lift. Young girls should know that you age into the face that you make. So if you complain and frown a lot, it will show up later. If you smile a lot, your face will be beautiful as you age.

- Diane von Furstenberg
Via Elle
This relates a bit to #1 but just mostly resonates with me because I love smiling. It's one of the best things you can do for yourself and the people around you!

3.
Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.

- Rick Owens
Via Details
I mostly interpreted this to essentially be comfortable in your skin. It's certainly motivating me to be the healthiest possible because clothes don't define us, we define our clothes. No matter what killer outfit you're dressed in, it's just a limp pile of fabric unless you're absolutely confident. It's all about that inner swag.

So go out there and rest away this weekend. Smile :)

With hearts,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment